Wednesday 9 October 2013

Here's some cake...forgive me!

Firstly I am sooooooooo sorry for the lack of posting over the past few weeks! I have been busy busy busy with uni and getting back into the swing of things as well as not once having had a completely tidy room to take a picture of and show you! I haven't even been instagramming that much, and that is crazy! Cause I love me some instagram!

Forgive me pleaseeeeeeeee.


Moving on swiftly! This time last week I went to Sainsbury's and bought a whole load of baking ingredients to last me for a while. Unfortunately I used all the buttercream I bought and the cocoa power was just about enough to make that chocolate cake. Needless to say, I'll make the trip down to Asda next time I need some cocoa powder or buttercream! Anyway I made that chocolate cake, and my housemates, well, lets just leave it at that shall we ;)

Prepare yourself for some major foodgasming if I may say so myself! (and yes I am aware that foodgasming is not an actual verb but for this moment and in this blog today, it is!)










Can we just YUM at all that chocolatey icing goodness. I have to say, that is possibly the best tasting icing I have ever made. Also other than a fraction of a side, the cakes themselves came out of their tins almost perfectly! I think I might enjoy baking in this house a lot more than I thought!

I will try and post more but its likely to be one post every two weeks rather than once a week as my workload starts to increase and the library becomes by best friend. That being said, I will do my very very best to post at least once a week and keep you guys updated on what's going on with me, even if it doesn't include mouth-watering pictures like these!

Also if you haven't heard John Legend's new album 'Love In The Future' yet I suggest you give it a listen! Here's one of my favourite songs from it:





No comments:

Post a Comment