Thursday 12 September 2013

New York's Finest Weavers

Now I'm not an avid follower of fashion trends, but I do love fashion. Personally, mine is simple and clean and uncomplicated. I like elegance and flowing, comfortable fabric, but that doesn't mean I don't like to have a look at whats on the catwalks now and then, mostly during the fashion weeks of New York, London, Paris and Milan. Although its not over yet (NYFW), I did have a look on style.com at the shows that have already happened, and I've made a collage (although it couldn't fit them all in) of some of the pieces I love, and then some of the showstoppers below!

In this collage: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Badgley Mischka, Carolina Herrera, Christian Siriano, Helmut Lang, J. Mendel, Jenny Packham, Michael Kors, Monique Lhullier, Oscar de la Renta, Pamella Roland, Rachel Zoe, Tommy Hilfiger & Zac Posen.


...and the showstoppers

Monique Lhuillier Spring 14' RTW


Oscar de la Renta Spring 14' RTW


Oscar de la Renta Spring 14' RTW


Zac Posen Spring 14' RTW

Mr Posen definitely knows how to close a show!

As the year comes to a close (well maybe I'm a bit keen), I really look forward to Awards' season (and Christmas of course), and seeing what the actresses wear. It sounds a bit childish, but I'd love to have an occasion to wear a full length evening gown (other than a possible wedding of course)!

I know a lot has been said about Miley Cyrus lately, so I won't bother elaborating on it, but I do love her new song Wrecking Ball. She has incredible vocals, and its kinda catchy for a ballad-esque song.





No comments:

Post a Comment